« A favorite with Swedes in our Swedish organization – creamy on top and dense on the bottom. Serve with whipping cream and/or sweetened berries, if desired. »
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 2 2/3 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 (4-serving size) package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Prep : 15 m Cook : 1 h 20 m Ready In : 1 h 35 m
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Stir milk into rice until evenly combined. Mix eggs, sugar, pudding mix, butter, vanilla extract, and salt into rice mixture; transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the pudding comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Source : allrecipes.com