« The glaze creates a smoky caramelized topping, and the cranberries and pistachios add tartness and crunch. My 10-year-old walked in as I pulled this from the oven for the first time and announced, ‘that’s beautiful!’ It’s just as amazing in flavor, and it makes a gorgeous, elegant side. »
- 1 tablespoon oil, or as needed
- 1 large butternut squash – peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, or as needed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
Prep : 15 m Cook : 50 m Ready In : 1 h 10 m
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Rub oil over squash and season with salt. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and add water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, honey, cinnamon, garlic, oregano leaves, orange peel, and paprika in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat sauce until combined, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and reduce heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Allow squash to cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice squash partway through vertically, leaving the bottom portion attached. Drizzle with 1/2 the sauce. Return to the hot oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and press gently on the squash to separate slices. Drizzle 1/2 of the remaining sauce on top and return to the hot oven. Bake 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and tuck oregano sprigs between slices or lay on top. Sprinkle with cranberries and pistachios and drizzle with remaining glaze.
- Bake in the hot oven 10 minutes more.
Source : allrecipes.com