- 8 oz (250g) peeled and deveined raw shrimp, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (25g) chopped long bean/green beans
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
Sweet Chili Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (65ml) ThaiSWEET CHILI SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
1. Prepare the Sweet Cilantro Sauce by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl and then set aside.
2. Spread the shrimp on a plate and chill the shrimp in the freezer for 15 minutes(this can ensures the springy texture of the shrimp cakes). Meanwhile get all your other ingredients ready. Combine the chilled shrimp, red curry paste, egg, fish sauce, sugar and coconut milk in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl. Mix in the green beans and basil.
3. Because different brands of curry pastes have differing amounts of salt you’ll want to make a sample shrimp cake first by saute 1 tablespoon of the mixture in a skillet(frying pan). Taste, and if necessary, adjust the seasoning with fish sauce and salt.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. First use 1 tablespoon of the oil to coat the skillet, use a measuring spoon to drop 1 tablespoon of the paste into the skillet. With a damp finger, flatten the paste slightly to about 1/2″ thick. Make about 10 of these shrimp patties in the skillet.Cook the cakes until they are golden brown on each side and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel, make more patties from the remaining paste and cook the same way. Serve with a side bowl of the Sweet Chili Sauce.
source : Allrecipes.com