- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, chopped and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, (1 small to medium), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme, or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound turkey cutlets, cut into 1/2-by-2-inch strips
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add leeks and bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Stir in broth, squash, thyme and cumin; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add turkey and corn; return to a simmer and cook until the turkey is just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add lime juice and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
3 g fat
0 g sat
31 g carbohydrates
0 g total sugars
24 g protein
6 g fiber