« This is the only way to cook bratwurst in Wisconsin. The brats are incredibly tasty! If you can get fresh bratwurst from a sausage shop, do it… it is worth the extra cost. Serve with brown mustard on substantial hoagie rolls, never on hot dog buns. Mustard is important and must always be stone ground. Add warm sauerkraut and ketchup, if you like. Chow down! Think about those Wisconsin summers! Listen to some polka! »
- 2 pounds fresh bratwurst sausages
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup butter
- 6 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 10 hoagie rolls
Prep : 10 m Cook : 35 m Ready In : 45 m
- Prick bratwurst with fork to prevent them from exploding as they cook. Place in a large stock pot with the onions, butter, and beer. Place pot over medium heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil grate. Cook bratwurst on preheated grill for 10 to 14 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Serve hot off the grill with onions on hoagie rolls.
Source : allrecipes.com