« Lime juice in the crema give these tacos a good zing! »
- 1 (2 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 (5.3 ounce) containers plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch chili powder (optional)
- 16 (6 inch) soft yellow corn tortillas
- 4 leaves green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup pico de gallo (optional)
Prep : 30 m Cook : 4 h Ready In : 4 h 30 m
- Carnitas: Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 2- to 3-inch pieces; transfer to a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in onion, orange juice, cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, oregano, and cayenne.
- Cover and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours, or on High 4 to 5 hours. Transfer pork to a large bowl; shred using 2 forks. Add enough cooking liquid from slow cooker to moisten.
- Lime Crema: Add 2 tablespoons lime juice to a small bowl. Stir in yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Dust with chili powder.
- Tacos: Serve pork in tortillas with cabbage, red onion, and pico de gallo (if using). Garnish with crema and lime zest.
Source : allrecipes.com